Readers of all ages are invited to join the Hassenfeld Library’s 2021 Reading Challenge for the fun of sharing books with friends and family (and the chance to win prizes, too). Read on to find out how you can participate.
By Kate Pritchard, Middle School/High School Librarian
Students, parents, faculty, staff, and all USN community members are invited to participate in the 2021 Reading Challenge. This year’s Reading Challenge has five categories:
1. A book that was made into (or is based on) a movie or TV show
2. A book with an animal on the cover
3. A book about food or one with recipes
4. A book with a number in the title
5. A buddy read — any book that you and a friend or family member read together
Read at least one book in each category by the end of April and turn in your tracking sheet to the library for a chance to win a prize. Any kind of book counts for the challenge: picture books, audiobooks, graphic novels, poetry, cookbooks, and any other type you can imagine.
Visit the library’s Reading Challenge page to learn more about how the challenge works, to download a tracking sheet, and to get ideas for books in each category.