great library in the 21st
century is a physical, programmatic and virtual entity. The Hassenfeld Library is both a place and a portal designed to serve and inspire the entire school community.
In order to support the philosophy, mission and practices of the University School of Nashville, the library provides a welcoming environment for students, teachers, and parents to:
- Pursue academic and personal interests
- Engage with diverse ideas and information in a variety of formats
- Work collaboratively to solve problems for the greater good
- Develop knowledge and skills necessary for success in the 21st century
- Cultivate a lifelong love of learning and reading
Resources of the library include
- People: librarians working with students and faculty, teaching research and information literacy skills, connecting readers to literature
- Collections: from picture books to reference databases, for all grade and age levels
- Spaces: geared for classes, group work, and individual study
- Technology: as a tool for accessing the physical and virtual collection, as well as the wider world of information
The Hassenfeld Library is open every school day from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.